[KDE/Mac] launching kded

brad bkn at ithryn.net
Mon Jan 14 16:38:46 UTC 2013

On Monday, January 14, 2013 05:15:37 PM you wrote:
> Hey Brad,
>
> you are not the only one :). I've been running it for years, mostly for
> Kontact, and keep it building and working as best I can. Along with our
> friends at Kolab Systems I'm starting a push leading up to the kdepim sprint
> in March to get kdepim into homebrew, so we have a reliable way of building
> (and later packaging) it sensibly. Previous efforts have focused on
> macports, but I believe homebrew is the better choice now, with less
> duplication and wasted efforts. If you interested to help, hit me up,
> please :).

i tried homebrew a while ago (perhaps a year) and discovered it was cumbersome
to use homebrew when macports was already installed and i didn't have time to
switch as i had an investment in macports (and an ancient laptop). i might
give homebrew another shot now that i have a newer laptop that will take less
than several days to compile qt/kde apps.

> Are you guys all building by hand?

i build from macports except digikam and its 'extras' i build form git as i
try to keep on top of strange os x bugs in digikam.

 - brad