[KDE/Mac] KDEPIM on OS X Build Service

Paul James Adams paul.adams at kde.org
Fri Aug 26 15:30:18 UTC 2011

Hey all,

I am writing to announce the generosity of long-standing KDE supporter
Intevation in providing a dedicated build machine for KDEPIM on OS X.
Intevation shall be providing hosting of a Mac Pro specifically for this
purpose.

During the Desktop Summit I liaised with a few people who I also thank for
helping make this a reality:

- Bjoern Ricks, long-time maintainer of the KDEPIM enterprise Macport. He will
be creating the build system itself on the machine.

- Marcus Hanwell will be helping to hook the new build service up to CDash.
Will also help with the generation of the build system so that we can have
CPack spit out DMG at the end of the build process.

- Jeff Mitchell will be using his considerable KDE sysadmin prowess to be
setting us up with DNS and a few other magic touches.

I propose that we all have a meeting towards the end of next week in IRC in
order to set the wheels in motion. Bjoern, Marcus, Jeff, you up for that?
Anyone else who is interested, let us know here and you are welcome to come
and join us and help out.

Once again, thanks to Intevation for making this happen and to Bjoern, Marcus
and Jeff for their contribution.

All the best,
Paul

--