[KDE/Mac] Most recent KDE4 macports build - kdeinit4 does not start

Louis Salkind lou at salkind.net
Tue Dec 7 01:40:47 CET 2010

I have built the KDE4 apps (kdebase4, kdegraphics4, kdelibs4 etc.) with the most recent macports port files on  a brand new Mac Mini running Os X 10.6.5.

After installing all the applications, I am finding that kdeinit4 will not launch.  I am attaching a log file of one of the crashes, but the reason for the crash is:

USING_FORK_WITHOUT_EXEC_IS_NOT_SUPPORTED_BY_FILE_MANAGER