[KDE/Mac] Re: Installation problems on Mac OS tiger

Jonas Bähr jonas.baehr at web.de
Thu Dec 2 19:55:23 CET 2010

Hi,

Am 30.11.2010 um 17:50 schrieb Mac Vidur:

> Hi, I just downloaded the following
> koffice-1.6.3
> keximdb-1.1.0 2
> MD5SUMS

Are you talking about the (KDE3) source packages?
I would strongly suggest that you use Macports [1], Fink [2] or
Homebrew [3] to install up to date KDE programs. Unfortunately there
is no easier way yet to install KDE applications on Mac OS X, although
the mentioned packet managers are already much more comfortable then
compiling dozens of packages (in the right order) by hand.

[1] http://www.macports.org/
[2] http://www.finkproject.org/
[3] http://mxcl.github.com/homebrew/

bye,