[KDE/Mac] Status of KDE 4.2.2 in MacPorts

Andreas Stricker astricker at futurelab.ch
Fri May 29 09:46:08 CEST 2009

Benjamin Reed wrote:
> Andreas Stricker wrote:
>> Currently the patches are against 4.2.2. I first have to
>> pull the trunk to generate applicable patches.
>
> Yeah, either way; I can always commit to 4.2 branch and attempt to
> forward-port.  Separate patches would make it way easier tho'.

A month later there they finally are. I've so far only fixed
build issues. On Runtime there are many things not working.
But having workspace available on OSX too allows to use the
Plasma ScriptEngines, Applets, Engines and Containments included
here. Most of them I already tried. Finally even the Plasma
Desktop starts. Quite funny, but not very usable on OSX right now...

I've got a bunch of patches against current trunk (14 small patches,
each addressing a specific issue)

Should I attach them to one single email, send a bunch of emails
(git like) or upload them to kdereview as as single big patch?

Patch overview:

0001 Don't build modules not usuable on OSX or not ported yet
0002 Excluded taskmanager and ksysguard from OSX build
0003 Don't build kworkspace.cpp for OSX
0004 Disabled xrandr extension for OSX in solid powermanager
0005 Don't build all submodules for OSX
0006 Exclude parts of kmenuedit dependent of KHotKeys
0007 Don't build screensaver parts and KSysGuardProcessList parts
0008 Exclude plasma applets on OSX depending on Linux systems
0009 Exclude parts depending on KWorkSpace for OSX
0010 Exclude part for OSX depending on KWorkSpace function
0011 Build desktop containment without KWorkSpace parts if no X11 is
     available on OSX
0012 Don't build plasma parts not ported to OSX yet
0013 Ported desktop shell to OSX
0014 plasmapkg is a console application, build as such

Regards, Andy