[KDE/Mac] apple-gcc42-devel

Janus janus at rtfm.org.ar
Fri Mar 6 22:39:53 CET 2009

2009/3/6 Janus <janus at rtfm.org.ar>:
> 2009/3/6 Orville Bennett <illogical1 at gmail.com>:

>>> I get an error compiling automoc: http://pastebin.com/f41eeb0e9
>>> What can I do?
>> I was hoping to just see the word "Success" with a smiley after it.
>> *sigh*
>> We can dream can't we? :-)
>>
>> But, according to the error it can't find gcc (and rightfully so).
>> Perhaps a case to convert automoc to using the kde4 portgroup.
>>
>> Anyhoo. the solution is
>> sudo port edit automoc
>>
>> configure.compiler  gcc-4.2 --> configure.compiler  apple-gcc-4.2
>> or whatever we decided to call it.
>
> Ok, that was magic for me.
>
>> Speaking of kde4-1.0.tcl that will need to be edited too.
>> vi /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/
>> _resources/port1.0/group/kde4-1.0.tcl
>>
>> Delete the compiler stuff from that and add the following
>
> By "the compiler stuff" I guess you mean "configure.compiler
> apple-gcc-4.2", isn't?

automoc compiled softly :)
However, not kdeutils4:

QCGs-Computer:~ janus$ sudo port -d install kdeutils4
DEBUG: Found port in
file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/kde/kdeutils4
DEBUG: Changing to port directory:
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/kde/kdeutils4
DEBUG: setting option os.universal_supported to yes
DEBUG: org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing
procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a
pre-existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: Using group file
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/_resources/port1.0/group/kde4-1.0.tcl
DEBUG: Using group file
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/_resources/port1.0/group/cmake-1.0.tcl
DEBUG: universal variant already exists, so not adding the default one
DEBUG: Requested variant powerpc is not provided by port kdeutils4.
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port kdeutils4.
DEBUG: Requested variant qt4 is not provided by port kdeutils4.
DEBUG: Requested variant x11 is not provided by port kdeutils4.
DEBUG: Requested variant no_x11 is not provided by port kdeutils4.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port kdeutils4.
DEBUG: Requested variant quartz is not provided by port kdeutils4.
DEBUG: Executing variant darwin_8 provides darwin_8
DEBUG: can't set "depends_build": invalid depspec: apple-gcc42-devel
    while executing
"set $option [concat [set $option] $args]"
    (procedure "handle_option-append" line 6)
    invoked from within
"depends_build-append    apple-gcc42-devel"
    (procedure "variant-darwin_8" line 6)
    invoked from within
"variant-darwin_8"
    invoked from within
"catch "variant-${name}" result"
Error: Error executing darwin_8: can't set "depends_build": invalid
depspec: apple-gcc42-devel
DEBUG: Error evaluating variants
    while executing
"error "Error evaluating variants""
    (procedure "mportopen" line 57)
    invoked from within
"mportopen $porturl [array get options] [array get variations]"
Error: Unable to open port: Error evaluating variants

--
Alejandro Díaz-Caro
PhD Student