[KDE/Mac] apple-gcc42-devel

Janus janus at rtfm.org.ar
Wed Mar 4 16:08:49 CET 2009

2009/3/4 Orville Bennett <illogical1 at gmail.com>:

>>> I had a problem when it was compiling expat. It seems ld reported a
>>> unknown flag (-compatibility_version).
> Yes. I forgot about that. We'll have to forego compiling everything
> with gcc-4.2.
> To do this go back to /opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/port1.0/
> portconfigure.tcl
> and change
> "darwin 8" { set compiler gcc-4.2 } back to "darwin 8" { set compiler
> gcc-4.0 }

I had it set to apple-gcc-4.2. Should I change it to gcc-4.0 or apple-gcc-4.0?

> Just to be safe 'sudo port -f uninstall installed' and then start again.

Ok

> But hey, now we know you have gcc-4.2 installed and working properly
> on Tiger, somewhat. :-)

:)

> 1) Are you setting any variants? Try compiling with -universal for
> now. i.e. 'sudo port install kdeutils4 -universal'

I have this variants at /opt/local/etc/macports/variants.conf:
+no_x11 +quartz +qt4 -x11 -universal
It should be enough, isn't?

> 2) I you have problems compiling boost, switch back to gcc-4.2 and try
> again.

I didn't understand... compiling what? (what is boost?)

--
Alejandro Díaz-Caro
PhD Student