[KDE/Mac] apple-gcc42-devel

Orville Bennett illogical1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 16:00:34 CET 2009

On Mar 4, 2009, at 9:45 AM, Janus wrote:
>>> snip
>>
>> I had a problem when it was compiling expat. It seems ld reported a
>> unknown flag (-compatibility_version).
Yes. I forgot about that. We'll have to forego compiling everything
with gcc-4.2.
To do this go back to /opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/port1.0/
portconfigure.tcl
and change
"darwin 8" { set compiler gcc-4.2 } back to "darwin 8" { set compiler
gcc-4.0 }
Just to be safe 'sudo port -f uninstall installed' and then start again.
But hey, now we know you have gcc-4.2 installed and working properly
on Tiger, somewhat. :-)

1) Are you setting any variants? Try compiling with -universal for
now. i.e. 'sudo port install kdeutils4 -universal'
2) I you have problems compiling boost, switch back to gcc-4.2 and try
again.

>> Here is the complete output:
>>
>> qcgs-computer-batc:~ janus$ sudo port -d install expat
>> Password:
>> DEBUG: Found port in
>> file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/textproc/expat
>> DEBUG: Changing to port directory:
>> /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/
>> textproc/expat
>> DEBUG: setting option os.universal_supported to yes
>> DEBUG: org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing
>> procedure. Target override will not be provided
>> DEBUG: org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a
>> pre-existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
>> DEBUG: adding the default universal variant