[KDE/Mac] Trying to compile Kile on MacOS 10.4.11: Failed at apple-gcc42

Janus janus at rtfm.org.ar
Sun Mar 1 16:47:37 CET 2009

2009/3/1 Orville Bennett <illogical1 at gmail.com>:
>>> The one you downloaded would not be in macports (unless you manually
>>> placed it in the correct location)
>>> To build the port you downloaded you would 'cd' into the directory
>>> containing your downloaded Portfile and then do 'sudo port install'
>>
>> Ok, what I've did was to create the add a local repository to
>> sources.conf, run the portindex in the new repository's folder, and
>> then do a sync. Then I installed with sudo port install apple-gcc42. I
>> followed the instructions at
>> http://guide.macports.org/#development.local-repositories
> I would then assume that the macports repo is set as the default. This
> would lead to the macports version being preferred when two ports have
> the same name. So your sources.conf probably loooks like
> rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/ports/ [default]
> file:///path/to/localrepo
>
> instead of
>
> rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/ports/
> file:///path/to/localrepo [default]

You are right! Thanks. Well, at the moment I am compiling it by going
to the folder where it is the profile and doing a 'sudo port install',
so I will wait to finish it. However, now I have the process sleeped
because I am trying to free some space in my hard disk (I don't have
so much to compile). So, it will take a long time: I have to finish
the compilation of apple-gcc42, then install kdeutils4 from macports
to have the lastest qtlibs and kdelibs and finally, compile kile.
I will let you know when I'd finish (or when I'd get stuck).
Cheers and thanks!
   Janus

--
Alejandro Díaz-Caro