[KDE/Mac] here there be updates

Big O illogical1 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 23:51:30 CET 2009

On Jan 22, 2009, at 4:00 PM, Jonas Bähr wrote:

> Am 22.01.2009 um 21:03 schrieb Big O:
>> On Jan 21, 2009, at 7:00 AM, Chris Jones wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> +1 here
>> We could do that but why "/Applications/Macports/KDE4" as opposed to
>> "/
>> Applications/Macports"?
>
> What speaks against /Applications/KDE4? This sounds the most naturally
> to me, esp. when installing from a binary package.
Organization and Macports defaults. If you want to do a dirty
uninstall it's as simple as rm -rf /Applications/Macports /opt/local.
You don't have to keep track of much else.  The recommended location
for apps being installed to /Applications via macports is /
Applications/Macports.

When building binary packages we can just change ${application_dir}
in /opt/local/etc/macports/macports.conf to whatever we want before
compiling.