[KDE/Mac] konqueror launches kwrite

Chris Jones christopher.rob.jones at cern.ch
Sun Feb 8 15:09:52 CET 2009

> Hi,

> Well i'mm not interested in knotify, but I've fixed the kwrite
> problem by executing
>
> for i in /Applications/KDE4/*/Contents/MacOS/* ; do ln -nsf $i
> `basename $i` ; done

Nice idea, I've been experimenting with something similar myself. For
the record I personally think we need to do something like this in the
default installs, to make sure all KDE4 apps are in the user's path,
as there are a few things which don't work without KDE4 app in the
PATH. I know 'O' considers this a bug and not something which should
not be done. Maybe he is correct but my view is different, they may
well be bugs, but it is just how things are done on linux, and since
that is the primary KDE platform we should just do the same to
minimise problems. Also, I personally find it convenient to be able to
start applications from the CLI.

b.t.w., your command above has a bug in the path, it should be

 > for i in /Applications/MacPorts/KDE4/*/Contents/MacOS/* ; do ln -
nsf $i `basename $i` ; done

cheers Chris