[KDE/Mac] KDE4 and D-BUS

O illogical1 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 21:55:02 CET 2009

On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 2:17 PM, Julian Mehnle <julian at mehnle.net> wrote:

>> > Oh, come on!
>> >
>> >  $ sudo -s  # AKA `sudo port ...`
>> >  # su -f $SUDO_USER -c whoami
>> >  julian
>> >  # sudo -H -u $SUDO_USER whoami
>> >  julian
>> >
>> > But if "the local user"'s home dir needs to be manipulated, then
>> > probably _every_ local user's home dir needs to be, not just that of
>> > the user who ran `port`.
>>
>> Now try that in your portfile and see what happens.
>> (hint: jonas' reply above is actually the "correct" answer)
>
> Thanks for turning this into a MacPorts trick quiz for Julian Mehnle
> rather than taking my suggestion as the constructive contribution that it
> was meant to be.
And thank you for failing to do anything other than whine.
This was not a macports trick quiz for Julian Mehnle, it was actually
a "Have Julian Mehnle try this out for himself to see just how/if it
works".

You see if Julian Mehnle would have made an actual effort to
contribute other than making flyby comments, Julian would have either
a) reduced some work for others who have other, far more important
things to do or b) understood why what he's asking isn't possible
(thereby alleviating the need for someone to take time from an already
busy schedule to address this)

So hey, here's an idea. The next time you have a bright idea on how to
make things better, that's oh so trivial to implement, how about you
actually _try_ it first.
Then, give instruction on how to achieve it when asking for this
fabtaculous idea to be implemented.

OR you can just be Julian Mehnle: PITA. Either way I figure I'll have
fun with it so it's up to you. Toodles :-)