[KDE/Mac] KDE4 and D-BUS

Jonas Bähr jonas.baehr at web.de
Sat Feb 7 14:12:10 CET 2009

Hi,

Am 07.02.2009 um 09:16 schrieb jolz:

> Hi
>
> I'd like to use kde4 on my Leopard. I tried http://mac.kde.org/?id=build
> , but ended up with some unusuable KDE Apps. :-(
>
> I first tried "sudo port install kdebase4", then "sudo port install
> kdebase4-devel". (deactivated all old packages). I get the same
> errors:
>
> konqueror shows his welcome page, but without the css style sheet
> and without images. I Type "/" => error message "Could not start
> process Cannot talk to klauncher: Not connected to D-BUS
> server." (in a message box)
>
> Started from "Terminal.app" with "/Applications/KDE4/konqueror.app/
> Contents/MacOS/konqueror"
>
> konqueror(49947): Couldn't start knotify from knotify4.desktop:
> "KLauncher could not be reached via D-Bus. Error when calling
> start_service_by_desktop_path:
> Not connected to D-BUS server
> "
>
> ... and some other d-bus messages. So, how can i fix dbus?? I've
> read on some webpages, that problem with dbus on mac are solved...?

You need to load dbus into launchd after the installation (or reboot,
I *think* that should work too). The dbus post-activation message
tells you that, but unfortunately macport does not accumulate the
package's messages for you so most people won't see it :-/

Well, executing this line in a terminal should do the trick:
   launchctl load /Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-
session.plist

bye,
Jonas