[KDE/Mac] KDE4 and D-BUS

jolz jolz at gmx.de
Sat Feb 7 09:16:18 CET 2009

Hi

I'd like to use kde4 on my Leopard. I tried http://mac.kde.org/?id=build,
but ended up with some unusuable KDE Apps. :-(

I first tried "sudo port install kdebase4", then "sudo port install
kdebase4-devel". (deactivated all old packages). I get the same errors:

konqueror shows his welcome page, but without the css style sheet and
without images. I Type "/" => error message "Could not start process Cannot
talk to klauncher: Not connected to D-BUS server." (in a message box)

Started from "Terminal.app" with
"/Applications/KDE4/konqueror.app/Contents/MacOS/konqueror"

konqueror(49947): Couldn't start knotify from knotify4.desktop:  "KLauncher
could not be reached via D-Bus. Error when calling
start_service_by_desktop_path:
Not connected to D-BUS server
"

... and some other d-bus messages. So, how can i fix dbus?? I've read on
some webpages, that problem with dbus on mac are solved...?

jolz

--

------ problems i already solved: -----

Problem 1:
I installed "gimp2" and "gramps". One of them depends on
"hicolor-icon-theme"

--->  Activating kdebase4-runtime @4.2.0_0
Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error:
/opt/local/share/icons/hicolor/index.theme is being used by the active
hicolor-icon-theme port.  Please deactivate this port first, or use the -f
flag to force the activation.
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: kdebase4-runtime

I uninstalled "hicolor-icon-theme". problem solved.

Problem 2:
After successfully installing "kdebase4" in started "konqueror.app" but
nothing happend.
--> log:
trying to create local folder /Users/joh/Library/Preferences/KDE/share:
Permission denied
trying to create local folder
/Users/joh/Library/Preferences/KDE/cache-joh-macbook.local: Permission
denied

Following commands solved the problem:

joh at joh-macbook:~/Library/Preferences> ls -l
/Users/joh/Library/Preferences/K*
-rw-------  1 joh  staff  416 28 Dez 19:23
/Users/joh/Library/Preferences/KeePassX.plist

/Users/joh/Library/Preferences/KDE:
ls: KDE: Permission denied
joh at joh-macbook:~/Library/Preferences> sudo chown joh:staff KDE/ -R