[KDE/Mac] Status of KDE 4.2.2 in MacPorts

Andreas Stricker astricker at futurelab.ch
Thu Apr 30 10:21:49 CEST 2009

Hi

I'm experimenting with a three platform (Linux, Windows, Mac)
Plasma container application. So far it works good on each
of those plattforms.

For OS X I've installed KDE4 from macports. As the 4.2.0
tarballs vanished from KDE mirrors [1,2], I updated the port
files to current 4.2.2 for following ports:

• plasma
• kdelibs4
• kdepimlibs4
• kdebase4
• kdebase4-runtime
• kdebase4-workspace

You may noticed the last one: I managed to compile and run
a stripped down variant of kdebase4-workspace.
(It was funny to run the Plasma Desktop on Mac :) - many
things won't work, but it actually runs quite fine)

I ported kdebase4-workspace mainly because of the Plasma
Applets, Engines, Containments etc. They work quite well
in both the plasma desktop any my own Corona View Application.

After I didn't hear anything from my tickets [1,2] I'll ask
if there is some interrest for updated Portfiles to KDE 4.2.2?
Should I also file tickets for the rest? (except for
kdebase4-workspace).

Further: If I'm porting kdebase4-workspace for OSX, to whom
should I send patches? This mailling list?

regards, Andy

[1] http://trac.macports.org/ticket/19352
[2] http://trac.macports.org/ticket/19353