[KDE/Mac] What is the suggested KDE distribution?

Martin Krischik krischik at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Sep 29 19:52:06 CEST 2008

Am 29.09.2008 um 15:22 schrieb Brian Jackson:

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Sep 28, 2008, at 5:58 AM, Martin Krischik <krischik at users.sourceforge.net
> > wrote:
>

>> Am 28.09.2008 um 10:58 schrieb Marco Calviani:
>>
>>> Dear list,
>>>    i was wondering what is the best solution to obtain KDE 4.1
>>> packages for Mac. Up to now i've used the macports version
>>> available by theiggy.com. However it seems that they are no longer
>>> updated.  Now it seems that again the suggested solution is now to
>>> use the image files produced by Big O. Is there a long term
>>> schedule concerning the distribution of those packages?
>>>

>> I fear currently I can't recommend any. There are three options open:
>>
>> 1) The mpkg version on http://mac.kde.org/ - super old, buggy but
>> installation is simple - once you read all the tech-notes with all
>> the workaround for all the bugs.
>>
>> 2) The MacPorts version on theiggy.com. Good start but somehow
>> stalled. And incompatible with the kde3 installation from MacPorts,
>> The later being the reason why I never got round to fully test the
>> version.
>

> Not stalled really. I just haven't been able to work on it because
> we've been without power since the hurricane. I'll be getting back
> on it this week.

Sorry to hear that. I hope you be back on line soon.

> What kind of incompatibilties are you referring to? I never had kde3
> installed because it required X so I never saw these.

--->  Activating qt4-mac 4.4.1_0+dbus+docs+nophonon+ssl
Error: Activating qt4-mac 4.4.1_0 failed: Image error: /opt/local/bin/
Assistant is being used by the active qt3 port.  Please deactivate
this port first, or use the -f flag to force the activation.
Error: No port automoc4 found.

--
Martin Krischik
krischik at users.sourceforge.net