[KDE/Mac] What is the suggested KDE distribution?

Mike Arthur mike at mikearthur.co.uk
Mon Sep 29 16:46:23 CEST 2008

On Sunday 28 September 2008 11:58:52 Martin Krischik wrote:
> Personally I like MacPorts most, it got a very active community and
> with it's ability to produce debian and red hat packages sufficiently
> cross platform. CPacks only advantage is the NSIS (MS-Windows) support.
Sorry, but that is rubbish. With CPack you can create a packaging system for
Linux, Mac and Windows which are integrated with the build system for CMake.

It makes much more sense to do it this way rather than manually creating
packages for each platform and makes it a lot easier to quickly deploy
packages for multiple platforms.

Mike Arthur
http://mikearthur.co.uk/