[KDE/Mac] New Packages. Almost, but not quite KDE 4.1.2 universal.

Big O illogical1 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 05:50:58 CEST 2008

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 5:16 PM, Julian Mehnle <julian at mehnle.net> wrote:
> Big O,
>
>> I'm back. These here packages should work on both 10.4 and 10.5, ppc
>> and intel. http://server.c-otto.de/kde/kdeprereqs.dmg : provides a
>> whole lot of stuff, including dbus, which you need before you can
>> install qt. http://server.c-otto.de/kde/qt4.dmg : provides qt w/
>> patches from KDE's qt-copy http://server.c-otto.de/kde/kdesupport.dmg :
>> has soprano, strigi, akonadi, phonon, automoc, taglib and qimageblitz.
>> http://server.c-otto.de/kde/kde.dmg : provides kdelibs, pimlibs (which
>> is bloody HUGE), base, multimedia, graphics and amarok2.
>> Oh, and there's http://server.c-otto.de/kde/20080922.dmg which throws
>> all the packages into one dmg. I here's there's a directory about with
>> inividual packages too. Who knows.
>
> awesome work!  I'm going to test that over the next few days.
>
> One question: what makes these packages "_not_quite_ KDE 4.1.2 universal"?
4.1.2 wasn't tagged when i compiled these. Today's the day though.
I accidentally deleted my macports stuff a few hours ago to test the
packages on a "clean" system. Too bad it on the wrong volume though
(doh!). Anyhoo, The announcement for 4.1.2 won't be until Monday i
think, so that leaves plenty of time to get every up and running again
(always easier the second time around).
Speaking of testing the packages, I'm reuploading kdeprereqs now to
fix a dbus and shared-mime-type issue soooo... hollonasec :-)