[KDE/Mac] KDE 4.1.2 Packages are up

Big O illogical1 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 16:37:59 CET 2008

Hey all,
I've finally finished 4.1.2. Three weeks late and still missing kdepim
and digikam. Unfortunately those two probably won't be provided unless
some KDE developer fixes compilation for OS X.

Kdepim has some problem where it's linking against apple's version of
libjpeg instead of the version it should be using.
Digikam actually needs kdegraphics from trunk (kde 4.2 branch) so it
won't be included in these packages until 4.2 is released.

All headers files necessary to compile programs are included again. If
anyone wants to try packaging up more stuff, like kdeedu/kdegames, or
even digikam go for it. You'll have to install things like
auto{conf,make}, cmake and pkgconfig by yourself, but that's not too
hard. I've got work-in-progress instructions of what to do on Leopard
up at: http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KDE_on_Mac_OS_X/Macbook_Manifesto

As for the apps included, amarok, ktorrent, juk, dolphin, okular,
gwenview, kate, kompare (which i really like), kopete and some others.
If you can't launch the programs that's my fault, report here. The
usual solution to that problem is to just reboot. Anything else report
to bugs.kde.org and list OS X as the operating system.
N joy.

The ability to uninstall hasn't been provided. I'll try to tackle that
for the next build and add an uninstallation script to each of the
dmgs. For now you'd have to delete /opt/local so if you use macports,
beware.
--
All your gmail are belong to us.