[KDE/Mac] New Packages. Almost, but not quite KDE 4.1.2 universal.

William Holland will at willholland.co.uk
Sat Oct 4 19:33:04 CEST 2008

Thanks for the quick reply.

From those packages, dbus fails to restart.  Once I've started it (as root), I
get the same old mime type errors, but I've noticed that there appears to be
a dbus problem again mentioned at the beginning of the kbuildsycoa4 output:

will-hollands-macbook:local will$ /opt/local/bin/kbuildsycoca4
kbuildsycoca4(374) mac_initialize_dbus: "/bin/launchctl" never wrote anything
kbuildsycoca4(374) mac_initialize_dbus: warning: unable to initialize D-Bus
environment!
kbuildsycoca4(374)/kdecore (kdelibs) getBundle:
getBundle( "/opt/local/lib/kde4/libexec/drkonqi" ,  false ) called
kbuildsycoca4(374)/kdecore (kdelibs) getBundle: getBundle():
returning  "/opt/local/lib/kde4/libexec/drkonqi.app/Contents/MacOS/drkonqi"
process 374: D-Bus library appears to be incorrectly set up; failed to read
machine uuid: Failed to open "/opt/local/var/lib/dbus/machine-id": No such
file or directory
See the manual page for dbus-uuidgen to correct this issue.
  D-Bus not compiled with backtrace support so unable to print a backtrace

running dbus-uuidgen --ensure helps a little, but I still get the
mac_initialize_dbus: warnings... I suspect that's the root of the issue.

Anyway, I'm happy to be an alpha tester, (I'm used to living on gentoo's
bleeding edge, but have recently got myself a mac, which I'm slowly getting
used to - great ui, but I'm still running kmail under parallels ;), so let me
know if you need one.

I'll wait till slightly more user friendly packages appear.

Thanks,

Will