[KDE/Mac] Icons problem (kde4.1 beta w/ Torrent packages)

Benjamin Reed rangerrick at befunk.com
Sat May 31 15:52:43 CEST 2008

Chris Neugebauer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> None of my KDE apps are displaying icons. Here's the start of some
> debug output from a run of Konqueror:
>
>     tiger:~ chrisjrn$ /opt/kde4/bin/konqueror.app/Contents/MacOS/konqueror
>     konqueror(936)/kdeui (KIconLoader): Error: standard icon theme
> "oxygen" not found!
>
>     QPainter::begin: Cannot paint on a null pixmap

Are you normally starting things from the command-line?  Or finder?

AFAIK starting from the command-line (can) have some issues now, it's
recommended you use "open" or the finder to run them.

If you're doing this just for debugging purposes, then never mind.  ;)

> It seems as though Oxygen isn't provided by any of your packages
> (properly, at least).

Strange.  I've seen reports of this, but I don't know why some people
get it and others don't.

I'll see if I can find a way to reproduce the issue, but if you can find
anything else, please let me know...

--
Benjamin Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick
Fink, KDE, and Mac OS X development