[KDE/Mac] So I think we should plan what we're going to do for the 4.1 release.

Martin Krischik martin.osx at krischik.com
Mon Jul 14 20:11:18 CEST 2008

Am Montag 14 Juli 2008 schrieb Aidan Van Dyk:
> Will these efforts lead to "packages" that my wife will be able to
> install on her iBook too, or will I have to resort to being her
> sysadmin again to use macport/etc to get KDE4 installed and updated?

The default of MacPort is to compile from automaticly downloaded sources -
similar to Gentoo. However thats just the default - I guess the following
options is what you are looking for:

PACKAGING TARGETS
     There are also targets for producing installable packages of ports:

   pkg
     Creates an OS X installer package of portname.

   mpkg
     Creates an OS X installer metapackage of portname and its dependencies.

   dmg
     Creates an internet-enabled disk image containing an OS X package of
     portname.

   mdmg
     Creates an internet-enabled disk image containing an OS X metapackage of
     portname and its dependencies.

   rpm
     Creates an RPM binary package of portname, similar to a tgz "archive".

   srpm
     Creates a SRPM source package of portname, similar to a xar "portpkg".

   dpkg
     Creates a DEB binary package of portname.

It's just that someone needs to create them.

Martin
--
Martin Krischik