[KDE/Mac] Macports now has kde4 portfiles

O illogical1 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 06:16:30 CET 2008

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 4:08 PM, Chris Jones
<christopher.rob.jones at cern.ch> wrote:

>>> the error encountered and shown in the previous mail was solved by
>>> just updating to the new version of Xcode (3.1.2); in fact, the
>>> error was present when using apple-gcc4.0 (bundled in Xcode 3.0,
>>> but disappeared using apple-gcc4.2).
>> The solution to this problem (for me at least) is exactly what you
>> did: use gcc 4.2. This becomes a problem for those w/ 10.4 but
>> there's a ticket to provide and updated apple gcc-4.2.
>> I'll look into the apple-gcc42 port being updated again as i've no
>> intention of patching 4.2
>
> Sorry for the dumb question, but how does one go about telling
> macports to use gcc 4.2 instead of 4.0 (I have OSX 10.5 with Xcode 3.1
> installed, so I have gcc 4.2 available).
Not a dumb question at all chris. See
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KDE_on_Mac_OS_X/Macbook_Manifesto
[edit] Install and Configure Macports section

> cheers Chris

Stephen Leacock  - "I detest life-insurance agents: they always argue
that I shall some day die, which is not so."