[KDE/Mac] macports portfiles updated

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 17:21:08 CEST 2008

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 4:36 AM, Martin Krischik
<krischik at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Zitat von Brian Jackson <iggy at theiggy.com>:
>
>> I've moved the portfiles to be hosted on github and I've fixed
>> everything I know how to fix.
>
> Why don't we host the port files for KDE at MacPort.org - It would
> seem the more user friendly solution to have everything at one place.
>
> Besides: MacPort.org has all the infrastructure for "port selfupdate"
> and "port upgrade outdated" in place. It seems wasteful to duplicate
> there effort. And it would not work "out of the box" as one would need
> to edit "/etc/macports/sources.conf" to add a 2nd repository.

That's a good idea, but I think it might be prudent to wait until the
portfiles are stable.  There is an expectation that things will just work
if they're in the main macports distro.

As an alternative, if the port files are placed in the kde-mac subversion,
"port selfupdate" and everything else will work as normal.  Yes,
/opt/local/etc/macports/sources.conf would need to be edited, but only
once and then everything would work fine.  I've done this with ports
I've been working on with my own subversion server and it is fairly
seamless.

Cheers,
Tanner Lovelace

--