[kde-linux] How to silence the device notifier in a multi seat environment

Juan Ignacio Saitua jisaitua at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 11 13:40:28 UTC 2015

On Wednesday, November 11, 2015 9:24 AM, Duncan wrote:
> Removing udisks is likely to do it.
I tried and it works. Now the notifier does nothing when a usb storage is connected. But now I can't mount the device from within kde. I can make it by using the command line, but not every user has the knowledge to do that. How are you dealing with that?

I already have a udev rule that notifies only the corresponding user desktop that an usb device is connected, but now I would like to trigger an "usb insertion device" event in the kde device notifier as well. Do you know if there is some dbus interface that can be use to achieve that?
Thanks!Juan Ignacio Saitua.