[kde-linux] Dist-upgrade or not??

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Wed Dec 2 16:32:20 UTC 2015

On Wednesday, 2015-12-02, 13:00:36, David Baron wrote:
> Dist upgrade will:
> The following packages will be REMOVED:
>   libsmokeqtwebkit4-3 plasma-scriptengine-ruby plasma-scriptengines
>   ruby-plasma ruby-qt4-webkit
>
> Long time already. Are these (engines, anyway) deprecated, superseded?
> Keep on waiting?

Those are basically deprecated, but I don't think any real world Plasma
applets ever used these.

The fact that no other package is being removed is a good hint for that as
well, unless you have downloaded non-packaged Plasma applets from somewhere.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring