[kde-linux] kde-linux Digest, Vol 142, Issue 3 How do I disable the popup which appears when I change workspaces

Mun Johl Mun.Johl at Emulex.Com
Tue Apr 7 18:22:34 UTC 2015

Hi Frank, Duncan,

Thank you for your replies.
Please see my comments below.

On Tue, Apr 07, 2015 at 07:44 AM PDT, Aguilar, Frank wrote:

AF> My Platform:
AF> Red Hat Enterprise Linux Client release 5.5
AF> KDE: 3.5.4
AF>
AF> Duncan,
AF>
AF> Your tip to try kcmshell was a great help to me. It's helped me become
AF> aware that there are many modules are available for customizing the kde
AF> desktop environment. I think there be one more kcmshell option/module for
AF> Mun to try to disable pop-up's when switching workspaces. The module is
AF> called "kwinoptions".
AF>
AF> kcmshell kwinoptions, brings up a window titled: "Window Behavior". The
AF> default TAB is named: Focus. In the Focus TAB, the lower half of that
AF> window is named: Navigation. And the Navigation section has a "Show window
AF> list while switching windows" check box.
AF>
AF> I thought this would be worthwhile for Mun to try (to deselect the check
AF> box). This was the only kde option I seen where they use the word
AF> "switching", so I was hoping it may switch off the pop-up's for Mun.

The "Show window list while switching windows" item is actually grayed out on
my system.  However, further down there was another option: "Popup desktop
name on desktop switch".  I unselected that item and presto... the popups are
gone!  :-)

Thanks very much to both of you for your help!

Frank, BTW, my system does not have the 'kcontrol' command.

Best regards,

--
Mun