[kde-linux] Building KDE 4.14.0

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 4 18:07:20 UTC 2014

On 08/30/2014 04:11 AM, James Tyrer wrote:
> I have had some difficulty building some of the KDE-4.14.0 modules
> because they contained files with one, or more, instances of the
> string: "#include <Phonon/".  Note that this case sensitive.

I never did figure out exactly why the correct directory wasn't found by
CMake.  I am having memory problems and I can't remember the problems
that I reported as bugs in CMake that I was told weren't problems at
all.  Maybe this is related or not.

My working theory is that it is a combination of the fact that KDE will
fail to remove empty directories when you delete something and CMake
doesn't ignore empty directories when it doesn't find what it is looking
for in them.  Automake/Autoconfig scans all directories to find what it
is looking for.  It only has a problem if you have several versions
installed.  Empty directories aren't a problem like they are for CMake.

But, I was still going to apologize after I got at least the part the
BLFS covers build.  Well, I did and it doesn't work.  So, perhaps my
statement about quality control will turn out to be correct after all.

I will start another thread for that.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch