[kde-linux] KNotes Migration Tool: ARGH!!!!

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 29 05:51:51 UTC 2014

I really don't care if (some of) the developers hate me because I am too
much like Steve Jobs.  I was born that way.  I just think that this
stuff should work correctly before it escapes into the wild instead of
being like Ebola -- a nightmare for users.

What am I supposed to do with the: KNotes Migration Tool?

It said that it would take a quite a while to run.  Well, it has been
running about 6 hours (AMD 4400+) and it has eaten _ALL_ my alarms from
KAlarm.  There were pop up error messages to go with that, but it now
appears to be doing nothing but hanging on to a very small amount of CPU
time.  The last line in the message window is:

	Root fetch finished

The button to close the window has not activated and I have no idea what
the little window is for.  Drag help doesn't work (why is it there?)
<F1> doesn't produce any help.

Is it safe to kill this? or should I let it run for a few days? :-^)

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch