[kde-linux] Rebuilding widgets and runners for 64bit installation

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Thu Jul 17 15:06:59 UTC 2014

David Baron posted on Thu, 17 Jul 2014 11:48:46 +0300 as excerpted:

> I have a new 64-bit Debian installation, want to rebuild some widgets
> and runners I had made. They all worked fine in the 32bit KDE from Sid.
>
> Now, they compile fine but do not show up after kbuildsyscoa4 or
> restarting plasma.
>
> Something new I must do?

I don't believe so.  *.desktop file in $KDEDIR/share/kde4/services (or
$KDEHOME/share/kde4/services if installing as a user not systemwide), run
kbuildsycoca4... should be it.

Leastwise, that's what I've done here on gentoo/~amd64, and what gentoo
does post-install when it installs a plasmoid.  Well, gentoo also runs
update-mime-database and update-desktop-database along with a gnome2-icon-
update since the same function is run at the end of most kde package
installations, but that shouldn't be necessary for plasmoids or runners
since they don't (normally at least) have file associations or need to be
run in a gnome context.

Just to be sure, you are building them as 64-bit, right, and attempting
to load them in a 64-bit plasma?  Because the 32-bit versions won't load
in 64-bit plasma.  (Of course for native-code plasmoids and runners.  The
qml and js coded ones shouldn't need rebuild as they're not native code
in the first place.)