[kde-linux] Downgrade KDE SC Version 4.12.2

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Sun Feb 23 15:57:54 UTC 2014

Scott Ferguson posted on Sun, 23 Feb 2014 20:47:28 +1100 as excerpted:

>> 1. Left-click on the Desktop to make it active 2. Press "Alt+d" then
>> press "Alt+s" to start "Desktop Settings - Plasma Desktop Shell". If
>> that doesn't work try right-clicking on the Desktop and choose "Desktop
>> Settings" from the menu.

FWIW he posted the same thing to the general kde (not linux) list, where
I replied.  Based on his followup to me there, the above won't work, as
plasma isn't running at all.

In fact, it appears to be a missing library simple triggering a crash, as
trying to (re-)start plasma-desktop results in a complaint about same.