[kde-linux] Problem with libreoffice

Robert Rea gapetard at stsams.org
Mon Dec 1 18:27:33 UTC 2014

It wont start in my home kde
if I go to Konsole and su I get this:

bob at gandalf:~> libreoffice
^C
bob at gandalf:~> su
Password:
gandalf:/home/bob # libreoffice
LibreOffice(10282)/kdeui (kdelibs): Session bus not found
To circumvent this problem try the following command (with Linux and bash)
export $(dbus-launch)
gandalf:/home/bob # export $(dbus-launch)
gandalf:/home/bob # libreoffice
X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
  Major opcode: 42 (X_SetInputFocus)
  Resource id:  0xaa0002f
^C
so then it starts but If I ctrl d to go back to the prompt it quits, and I get
this:

gandalf:/home/bob # #
#
#  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00007f3fbce7eab4, pid=10316, tid=139910674536192
#
# JRE version: OpenJDK Runtime Environment (7.0_51) (build 1.7.0_51-b00)
# Java VM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (24.45-b08 mixed mode linux-amd64
compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C  [libuno_cppu.so.3+0x38ab4]  uno_getMappingByName+0x834
#
# Failed to write core dump. Core dumps have been disabled. To enable core
dumping, try "ulimit -c unlimited" before starting Java again
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /tmp/jvm-10316/hs_error.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please include
# instructions on how to reproduce the bug and visit:
#   http://icedtea.classpath.org/bugzilla
#

[error occurred during error reporting , id 0xb]

^C
gandalf:/home/bob #

I will try to report the bug but does anyone know a workaround for this. What
I have means I have to leave an sued Konsole open

--
Bob Rea
mailto:gapetard at stsams.org
http://www.petard.us
http://www.petard.us/blog
http://www.petard.us/gallery

America, it was a wonderful country
        until they took it private
        and turned it into a theme park of itself