[kde-linux] Clear Recent Documents on logout?

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Sun Sep 15 16:29:25 UTC 2013

On Sunday, 2013-09-15, Mark Knecht wrote:
> Hi,
>    I was looking through the System Settings handbook but I didn't
> find anything. Is there a way to have KDE clear the Recent Documents
> list on logout?

On logout, or more precisely at the end of the startkde script, all scripts
found in $KDEDIRS/shutdown[1] are run.

You could add such a script that cleans out the RecentDocuments directory
$KDEHOME/apps/RecentDocuments[2]

Cheers,
Kevin

[1] actually paths are taken from the output of kde4-config --path lib, with
"lib" replaced with "shutdown"
[2] if $KDEHOME is not set (usually it is not), see kde4-config --localprefix
KDE user support, developer mentoring