[kde-linux] KDESU doesn't work again with 4.10

Dale rdalek1967 at gmail.com
Fri May 24 00:37:22 UTC 2013

James Tyrer wrote:

> Following up on this.  I find that there is a great mystery which I
> presume is a bug.
>
> Your 'desktop' file works when it is in a menu.
>
> Specifically, there is a menu item under System that correctly opens a
> filemanager window as root using KDESU.  However, if you drag this
> from the menu to the DeskTop file and "Copy" then it doesn't work.
> The KDESU window pops up and I enter the password correctly, but the
> filemanager window NEVER shows up.  :-(.
>
> Thanks again for trying to help.
>
> So, I guess that I will stick to my work around till somebody fixes
> what appears to be a bug.

I have ran into that before.  Usually it is because a kdesu process is
running but not responding.  Either logout or kill the process and it
should work.  This is the command I use to find it:

ps aux | grep kdesu

I then just kill the process that shows up.  Sometimes if I do it fast
enough, it pops up.

I think we are running into the same thing.

Dale

:-)  :-)