[kde-linux] KDE - What is 'Meta'?

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Sun May 5 18:58:17 UTC 2013

On 05/04/2013 03:16 PM, Mark Knecht wrote:
> I want to enable keyboard shortcuts for moving windows from screen to
> screen. (monitor to monitor on the same desktop) When searching around
> on the web I see people doing it with Meta+F1, Meta+F2, etc., but
> somehow I am not discovering what Meta is.
>
> What's 'Meta'?
>
> Also, in a related way, is there a way to have KDE always place apps
> on Screen 1 and then I move them vs having a new app show up on the
> screen that has the most recent focus?

You can use the command: kstart to force a window to open on the desktop
that you want.

Note that if you can't configure the keyboard how you want it with KDE,
you can go to X11 directly.  I would tell you how, but this has changed
so I would have to read the manual, so I advise you to do the same.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch