[kde-linux] mass copying

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Thu Aug 15 20:56:25 UTC 2013

On 08/15/2013 02:31 PM, Duncan wrote:
> Kevin Krammer posted on Thu, 15 Aug 2013 19:19:11 +0200 as excerpted:
>
>> On Thursday, 2013-08-15, Doug wrote:
>>> In Windows 95 (and I think in Win 98) you could open a window on a
>>> directory, open a window on another directory, and using the mouse,
>>> highlight a series of files in the first directory. Then you could
>>> *copy* that whole group of files to the second directory, en masse.
>>> Or, I think you could decide to *move* them, en masse.
>

>> Works on local file systems and remotely (FTP, SFTP, WebDav, etc).
>
> Agreed and I use all four methods here depending on what feels most
> convenient to me ATM, but...
>
> Doug /did/ mention having to do it one-by-one, which to me anyway hints
> at a a problem /multi-selecting/ the files, not necessarily copying/
> moving once selected...
>

> Once the desired multi-selection is done, Kevin's copy/move instructions
> should work just fine. =:^)

I guess I was doing something wrong, but I just tried it again and it
worked--I made a new directory, then selected a number of files from
my Pictures dir and copied them to the new dir.

That should make my life easier. Thanx to both of you.  --doug

Blessed are the peacemakers..for they shall be shot at from both sides.
--A.M.Greeley