[kde-linux] power saving thru reboot

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Mon Aug 5 20:35:58 UTC 2013

On 08/05/2013 01:28 PM, Pablo Sanchez wrote:
> [ Comments below, in-line ]
>
> On 08/05/2013 01:15 PM, Doug wrote:
>>
>> If I am correct in that latter, then I ask here:
>> What can be done to make the settings "take" after a reboot.
>
> Hmmm, I haven't encountered such a problem.  However, if you want to
> take matters into your own (shell script) hands, you can set up a login
> (shell) script and use `xset -display :0 ....' to handle certain X
> preferences like DPMS etc.
>
> Cheers,

Please provide more detail. I need to know in what directories to put
the script(s). I have tried in /root/.kde4/Autostart and in
/etc/skel/.kde4/Autostart (both at once), putting the commands

xset dpms 600 900 0
xset +dpms

which works until reboot, and then it doesn't, and the commands don't
carry forward either.

Does it matter what the name of the script is?

Thanx for you reply--doug

--
Blessed are the peacemakers..for they shall be shot at from both sides.
--A.M.Greeley