[kde-linux] power saving thru reboot

Dale rdalek1967 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 18:08:05 UTC 2013

Pablo Sanchez wrote:
> [ Comments below, in-line ]
>
> On 08/05/2013 01:15 PM, Doug wrote:
>>
>> If I am correct in that latter, then I ask here:
>> What can be done to make the settings "take" after a reboot.
>
> Hmmm, I haven't encountered such a problem.  However, if you want to
> take matters into your own (shell script) hands, you can set up a
> login (shell) script and use `xset -display :0 ....' to handle certain
> X preferences like DPMS etc.
>
> Cheers,

This is something I have ran into if I understand you correctly.  While
I am logged into KDE, KDE takes care of power stuff.  If I am logged
out, xorg appears to be the one taking care of it.  To this, I enabled
DPMS in my xorg.conf file and included settings for when I am logged out
of a desktop.  In KDE, I set it to the settings I want while logged in.
Just keep in mind the two are different.  KDE is set to power off my
monitor after a hour.  The settings for xorg cuts my monitor off after
about 5 minutes or so.

Also, when in KDE, make sure you run the settings/configure program as
your user you are logged in as.

If I am misunderstanding the issue, please ignore.  ;-)

Dale

:-)  :-)