[kde-linux] power saving thru reboot

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Mon Aug 5 17:15:12 UTC 2013

I have had a thread on the PCLOS forum about power saving  and the fact
that settings don't work after a reboot. I think the "Configure Your
Desktop>Pwer Management (Configure energy saving)" is a front end to
DPMS, and that it's a KDE product.
If I am correct in that latter, then I ask here:
What can be done to make the settings "take" after a reboot. The only
way I can get the app to work after a reboot is to go in and change one
of the values by a minute, and then click "apply." It should not be
necessary to manually reset this every time you reboot the machine.
Is there some fix that I can apply so that is no longer necessary?

Thanx for your interest--doug
--
Blessed are the peacemakers..for they shall be shot at from both sides.
--A.M.Greeley