[kde-linux] Kget "My Downloads" [Is this MS Windows?]

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Mon Apr 22 04:47:08 UTC 2013

On 04/21/2013 11:58 PM, Duncan wrote:
> Kevin Krammer posted on Sun, 21 Apr 2013 21:40:33 +0200 as excerpted:
>
>> It is quite likely that there won't be such as thing as KDE-5.
>> Experience has shown that the benefits of releasing multiple independent
>> products together, e.g. more media attention, is nowadays outweighted by
>> drawbacks such as people misunderstanding relations or their absence
>> between different products.
> /snip/
I haven't been following this thread since I don't recognize the command
"kget" but I looked at this one, and see the statement that there probably
will not be a KDE5. Does this mean that KDE will be phased out and replaced
with something else? I hope that the KDE folks are not going the way of
Ubuntu! Without KDE, I might very well be driven back to Windows. I
think of KDE as a Windows-compatible GUI without the crap that MS
makes you put up with. (Windows prior to Win 8, of course!) I could
never be happy with the Ubuntu protocols and politics.

--doug

--
Blessed are the peacemakers...for they shall be shot at from both sides.  A.M. Greeley