[kde-linux] KDE-4.10.1 - Pager sort of a mess

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 23:31:02 UTC 2013

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 2:51 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 1:59 PM, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan at cox.net> wrote:
<SNIP>

>> And without any apps shown on the current desktop to hilight, it's all
>> but impossible to see which desktop you're on.
>>

> Precisely what I see here also.
>
>> One other thing I noticed: With the oxygen (and professional) desktop
>> theme(s), there's a small (1 px?) blue outline around the active desktop
>> in the pager.
>
> Exactly what I see but what's blue for you it's a 1 pixel white border
> for me, and this border is really only visible around the corners of
> the active pager box.

In the theme area of System Settings they have a feature to download
new themes from KDE. (I guess.) Anyway, I found one called Slim Glow
that addresses this pager issue very nicely. It has a fairly bright
blueish glow that much more prominent in the center of the selected
pager block and very easy to see without having to focus very much.
The theme is considerably darker than Oxygen so I'll have to see how
it feels after a few days but for now this feels like a reasonable
solution for my needs.

Thanks all,
Mark