[kde-linux] KGet: "My Documents"

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Tue May 1 00:36:49 UTC 2012

On 04/12/2012 01:47 PM, Duncan wrote:
> James Tyrer posted on Wed, 11 Apr 2012 21:04:01 -0700 as excerpted:
<SNIP>
> As for incorporating XDG_DOWNLOAD_DIR into kde, that'd be an enhancement/
> wish.  As such, I'd file a bug for it (after a dups check) and mark it
> enhancement/wish severity.  But I'd also likely consider that a
> compatibility level change and not expect it for kde4, only
> kde5/kde-frameworks.

Look in:

kde-workspace/kcontrol/desktoppaths/globalpaths.cpp

and open the KCM for Paths.

More of the XDG paths have been added.

So, there is no reason not to use:

KGlobalSettings::downloadPath()

for the default KGet download group and to use the directory name and
icon that the user is using.  Clearly, this is, objectively, the best
way to do it because it is the most usable and most obvious to a user.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch