[kde-linux] Konqueror and Dolphin using 100% CPU

Dale rdalek1967 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 14:12:59 UTC 2012

Anne Wilson wrote:
> On 01/03/12 03:34, Dale wrote:
>> Well here is a update.  I changed back to Konqueror since Dolpin
>> was no better and I prefer it anyway.
> Choice is always a good thing :-)  It's worth remembering, though,
> that Konqueror and Dolphin are built largely on the same code base, so
> if one is misbehaving, the other is likely to be, too.
> Glad you got a solution.  I suspect that there are times when the
> mirrors get slightly out of sync, so you end up with some dependency
> still being update and you get the older one.  I know it shouldn't
> happen, but even on the mainstream (in terms of packaging) distros
> I've seen similar problems that have been cured if I update again the
> next day.
> Anne

I think this was a package manager issue.  I think portage needed to
recompile something but didn't know it needed to.  I don't think it was
KDEs fault or anything tho.  I think the software was good but that one
package was out of sync with another package.  It's just one of those

I have seen this happen before with Seamonkey or Firefox.  I upgrade
Seamonkey and some package that Seamonkey depends on causes Seamonkey to
act weird or something to not work right.  When I recompile that package
that causes it, Seamonkey works like it should again.

At least now I got things working again.  I have had Konqueror open all
day and most of the night with no problems.  My CPU is basically idle as
it should be.


:-)  :-)

I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
how you interpreted my words!

More information about the kde-linux mailing list