[kde-linux] Kde-runtime-4.8 Build issues

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Tue Jun 19 21:24:31 UTC 2012

James Tyrer posted on Sun, 10 Jun 2012 18:46:43 -0700 as excerpted:

> I recently upgraded my GLibc to 2.15 and as a result, my KDE-Runtime
> module will no longer build.  The cause appears to be changes to the
> "rpc.h" header.  It appears to build fine against older headers.
>
> BLFS has posted a small patch [attached]:
>
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/kde4/kde4runtime.html
>
> to make it build with current headers, which I would suggest be
> committed to the GIT repository.

FWIW, glibc-2.15 (gentoo -r2) here, and I've built both kde 4.9 betas
against it.  I haven't checked patches yet but I doubt gentoo/kde patched
the beta builds, tho gentoo/tool-chain has obviously patched glibc a bit,
thus the -r2.  But having not checked those patches I'm not sure they're
relevant here anyway.

The point being, at least the 4.9 betas are building against glibc-2.15
here, so a patch has been applied somewhere.  I don't know what version
of kde-runtime you're attempting to build, but it does seem likely
they've already patched master/HEAD.  But perhaps not 4.8-branch.

If you'd like me to do more than report that it's working here, I can
investigate further, but I'm not sure it's worthwhile ATM.  Ask if you
need it (tho my schedule's not well settled for the next month and I'm
having hardware issues so I may or may not get back to you)...