[kde-linux] Konqueror KDE-4.8 BRANCH

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 24 05:52:33 UTC 2012

On 01/16/2012 04:35 PM, Dale wrote:
> Duncan wrote:
>> yahoo-pier_andreit posted on Mon, 16 Jan 2012 11:23:45 +0100 as
>> excerpted:

>>> I cannot find Tools -> view filter in konqueror !!
>> Note that konqueror has several profiles (some built-in, plus you can
>> create customized ones), and that when the webbrowser personality is
>> active, it probably won't show the tools, view filter option, since it's
>> useful only in file browsing mode.
>>

> Well, I selected File Manager mode and I still don't see it. Actually,
> that's the only way I use Konqueror. I do my web browsing with Seamonkey
> and sometimes Firefox.
>
> I'm on 4.7 if that matters.

Plugins only show up in the Tools directory if what you are viewing in
Konqueror can use that plugin.  So, you need to open a directory for it
to be there.

NOTE: If you have an older version of KDE, these plugins were a separate
module (from ExtraGear).  So, your distro might have them in a separate
package: "konq-plugins.  So, if you open a directory and it still isn't
there, you might need to install that package.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch