[kde-linux] 3.2.1 kernel upgrade - headphone volume no longer controlled by master

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 22:32:30 UTC 2012

Title says most of it. I use headphones & not external speakers on my
main KDE box. Up through gentoo-sources-3.1.5 the KDE master volume
control has always adjusted headphone volume. With the 3.2.1 upgrade I
did today it no longer does.

If I go all the way into the KDE mixer then the headphone control does
control headphone volume so Alsa seems to have some control.

I tried the Select Master Channel and set it to Headphone but that
didn't fix it.

Any idea on how to get this working as it did earlier are much appreciated.

Cheers,
Mark