[kde-linux] dolphin kde 4.9 how to get rid of online rename

yahoo-pier_andreit pier_andreit at yahoo.it
Wed Aug 8 14:36:56 UTC 2012

On 08/08/12 11:14, Duncan wrote:
> Kevin Krammer posted on Tue, 07 Aug 2012 16:36:12 +0200 as excerpted:

>>> the difference are that now you edit the new name directly on the name
>>> showed in dolphin window, before a dedicated window was opened to do
>>> this, I use dolphin expecially for the filter facility, it's
>>> fantastic:-))
>>
>> I am not sure but I read that 4.9 restores the renaming how it was
>> before 4.8 and that only 4.8 had a dialog because the newly introduced
>> Dolphin view engine couldn't do inline renaming yet.
>>
>> Tons of people complained about that change ;)
>
> FWIW, I read that as well.  ... And now we're seeing a complaint from
> going back to inline renaming.  <shrug>  I guess as they say, can't
> please everybody all the time.

:-)) simply an option is enough to please both :-))

> It'd be nice to have that as an option, but at least originally, I
> believe dolphin was supposed to be a "simpler" file manager that "just
> worked", without all the "extra" config options of konqueror, etc.  So

konqueror was excellent, I lost the interest when they get rid of filter
facility, for me is the killer application in file browser, you can put
maaaany things in the same folder and search for name, fantastic!!, no
need to remember where you put that file, just give it a long name that
identify it and filter...:-))