[kde-linux] KGet: "My Documents"

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 10 22:02:39 UTC 2012

I find that, by itself, KGet has added the group: "My Documents".  What
is this, KDE-Vista?

I also find that I can not rename or delete this group.

I have to say that I do not find this to be a useful feature.  I do not
see how hard coding MS-Windows like junk is a good idea rather than
following the XDG and FreeDesktop.org standards.

My: "$HOME/.config/user-dirs.dirs" file contains:

	XDG_DOWNLOAD_DIR="$HOME/Files/DownLoad"

and my: "$HOME/.config/user-dirs.dirs" file contains:

	[Desktop Entry]
	Icon=folder-downloads

Would it really be that hard for this to work correctly.

I do not understand why the group can not be renamed or removed.  I can
see that there might be a reason why if there were only one group in the
list that it could not be removed, but that is not what we have.

--
James Tyrer

Design twice; code once.