[kde-linux] Kpat locking up.

Dale rdalek1967 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 19:53:33 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have had problems with kpat locking up for the last few versions.  I
thought maybe it was just a bug that would be worked out but I guess
not.  I have tried running it in a Konsole and it doesn't produce any
errors there.  It has a line or two when it starts but nothing else or
about the crash itself.  When it locks up, it makes one or two of my
cores get really busy.  I have let it run for quite a while just to see
if it is really doing something but that doesn't help either.  When I
hit the close button, KDE pops up a window that says the program is not
responding. I usually play Yukon but it does the same with Freecell and
Spider.

[ebuild   R   ~] kde-base/kdelibs-4.7.1  USE="3dnow alsa bzip2 fam
handbook jpeg2k mmx nls opengl (policykit) semantic-desktop spell sse
sse2 ssl udev udisks upower zeroconf -acl (-altivec) (-aqua) -bindist
-debug -doc (-kdeenablefinal) -kerberos -lzma -openexr -test -upnp"
11,792 kB
[ebuild   R   ~] kde-base/kpat-4.7.1  USE="handbook (-aqua) -debug
(-kdeenablefinal)" 61,442 kB

Has anyone else ran into this?

Dale

:-)  :-)