[kde-linux] KDE4 - Plasma don't load

Alex Schuster wonko at wonkology.org
Thu Oct 20 19:06:08 UTC 2011

vitor lima writes:

> I have the KDE4 installed in a Slackware Linux.
> When I try to log in the plasma don't load.
>
> I pass these screen that show the icons of HD, tools, world, ...
> and when the Desktop goes load, all stay black and I can't see anything.

Did this work once, and stopped working? Is the plasma-desktop process
using all CPU time? Happens to me from time to time, restoring a backup
of my .kde/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc (or deleting it, but
that also deletes all plama stuff) helps.

Does it also happen with a fresh setup (after renaming the .kde
directory, or with a new user)?

	Wonko